Sunday, July 27, 2008

Why so serious?

Richard IIII already did a post about the Joker with the coolest picture of him you'll find anywhere on the (world-wide) web, so I'm not going to talk about Heath Ledger but they really should sign him up for the next two Batman movies regardless of his condition. I was telling a friend that was how Weekend at Bernie's one and two got made. I don't think very many people realized Andrew McCarthy was dead (including the crew) until they were almost through with the third one.

Speaking of dead actors, I hear Robert Downey Jr. has started making movies again. And we all thought canceling Ally McBeal was a good thing. You see, I could skip The Shaggy Dog and The Singing Detective, but now he's branched out into Ben Stiller movies with Steve Coogan so if he pulls a Richard three or a Chaplin performance on this movie I may have to hunt him down myself. Since the previews show him trying to look and act like a black man and failing miserably, I may enjoy this role. I didn't mind the washed up playboy jerk with a substance abuse problem either. It's too bad he had to stop that to make the Ironman movie.

The Summer (movies) of our Discontent

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home