Tuesday, July 8, 2008

One Way Trip to Wonderland

Sometimes it just clicks and you understand exactly why the cheesy 80's love songs were created. It's almost embarrassing, but I guess as long as no one really sees how I feel I can keep my machismo intact. I've had a pocketful of love, but best of all's you.

Our love is invincible, baby!

Appendix: (Lyrics with commentary)

Giant Steps: Another Lover

I've had a pocketful of love in my time (WOW! A whole pocketful of love?)
But the best of all's you (you're the best in my pocket - or maybe since I've come out of the pocket)
I guess we perfected the emotional thing (you guess? the emotional thing? how romantic!)
Just we two (why not 'do do do'?)

I searched all over for the permanent one (the permanent one? Some day I'll find the permanent one!)
And then I found you (but I gave up and settled for you)
Cos' no one's better when the lights go down (which is the most important thing when looking for the permanent one)
And there's just we two (still think 'do do do' works better here)

Chorus:
The world don't need another lover
Now it's got you now it's got me (there's a lover quota and we just filled it)
The world don't need another lover
Cos' our love's more than the whole world needs (this is actually good and makes up for all that other stuff - say this over and over)
Baby

You can't buy passion like it every day (wait a minute, buy? but some days you can?)
From a second hand heart (is my heart second hand or am I buying passion from your second hand heart?)
You just can't separate the meant to be (like peanut butter and jelly)
They can't tear us apart (why do they always want to tear us apart? who are they?)

Girl our love's invincible
I'm so proud with your hand in my hand (proud? - I made a good choice!)
Catch a wind and fly away (why? can't we stay here?)
We're on a one way trip to wonderland (is this like the Michael Jackson wonderland? Maybe I should go...)

Girl our love's invincible
chorus fade

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home